Here's a look back at a few of the stories you may have missed and which are worth a read before we enter the new year.
Life in Norway
It’s important for us to see life in Norway through the eyes of its foreign residents. That means asking for your views on key topical issues and aspects of life in Norway, as well as sharing the personal stories of people who have moved to Norway for work, life or love.
- Do I regret moving to Norway?
- How Norway can change your eating and drinking habits
- 'Tromsø is a city of extremes and there is something special about that
While reporting on the key daily domestic news stories, we also try to provide insight and explanation when those stories might impact foreign nationals in Norway. One such instance of this in 2019 was the controversy surrounding the Norwegian Labour and Welfare Administration, NAV.
- Explained: Norway’s NAV social security scandal in five minutes
- Why Norway’s krone keeps getting weaker
Norway often produces interesting Viking-related stories, whether related to history or entertainment. Here are two from this year.
- Norwegian Game of Thrones actor to make 'True Viking' reality show
- The Anglo-Saxons were more menacing than the Vikings, and the English language can prove it
Nationalization has proven to be a key issue for our readers. We’ve reported in 2019 on rule changes relevant to those who are settled in Norway and for whom citizenship is a logical future step. It’s a topic we’ll continue to cover as closely as we can in 2020.
Thank you for reading The Local this year. We hope you will stay with us as 2019 turns into 2020 and beyond. Please get in touch if you have any thoughts or questions.
Mike, editor, The Local Norway