According to broadcaster NRK, the man is charged with having abused 62 children in total, 20 of whom are in the Philippines.
The man’s defence lawyer, Gisle Didriksen, told NTB that the man will plead guilty to some of the charges when his case begins on Monday.
The man, who receives disability benefits, is said to have transferred money to a family in the Philippines, who in return sent him material showing the sexual abuse of children.
In the indictment, prosecutors emphasise that the children whose abuse was filmed were dependent upon the money received from the Norwegian man.
A total of 20 children in the Philippines were abused on order from the man, who previously served ten months in prison on previous abuse charges.
The other 42 children involved in the case were duped by the man on various online chat services. According to the indictment, the 66-year-old pretended to be a young teen in order to gain his victims’ confidence and then pressure them into performing sexual acts.
The court has set aside four weeks to handle the case.