Øyer killer gives gory details of the murder

The man charged with this summer's Øyer murder returned to the apartment on Wednesday, where he admitted killing his stepfather.

Øyer killer gives gory details of the murder
Kim Andreas Kristiansen (right) on trial for his stepfather's murder in Øyer. Photo: Police / NTB scanpix.

Kim Andreas Kristiansen killed Bjarte Hansen with a knife before carving him up and taking his remains to be burnt on a campfire.

The 23-year-old stepson is also reported to have cut the fingertips off Hansen's hands to make identifying the body more difficult, according to VG.

Police questioned Kristiansen in the apartment where the murder happened on the night of August 14th.

Police chief Bjørn Egil Bergundhaugen said: "It was the charged man and his defence lawyer who requested this and we had no arguments against it. We think that all parties are well served from doing this. This is a step in our investigation where the chain of events and the motives are key.”
Egil Bergundhaugen would not comment as to whether there were discrepancies between what the charged man said and the findings the police have made.
Kristiansen was helped by his best friend to dispose of 58-year-old Hansen's body, but the friend claimed he was forced at knifepoint.

Kristiansen claims he has no memory of events on the night of the murder or the threats to his friends, but has admitted the charges against him are plausible.

The dead man's body was driven a few kilometres to a forest where Kristiansen and his accomplice tried to bury the body in the ground. When they did not succeed, they set the dead man alight.
The 23-year-old fled Norway, but turned himself in to Rotterdam police in Holland a few days later.
Key facts on the Øyer murder:
  • Police launched a murder investigation after charred remains of a human body was found in a campfire in Hafjell in Øyer, Oppland on August 14th.
  • Kim Andreas Kristiansen was charged for the murder.
  • Hansen and his stepson shared an apartment located north of Lillehammer.
  • A 21-year-old male was charged for perverting the course of justice and for participating to the murder.
  • Kristiansen turned himself in to Dutch police in Rotterdam on August 25th after 11 days on the run. He agreed to be transferred to Norway.
  • August 29th: Kristiansen returns to Norway and was questioned by police the following day.
  • 1st September: The accused is kept in custody pending trial. The 21-year-old male was released but the charge against him maintained.

Member comments

Log in here to leave a comment.
Become a Member to leave a comment.