Kim Andreas Kristiansen killed Bjarte Hansen with a knife before carving him up and taking his remains to be burnt on a campfire.
The 23-year-old stepson is also reported to have cut the fingertips off Hansen's hands to make identifying the body more difficult, according to VG.
Police questioned Kristiansen in the apartment where the murder happened on the night of August 14th.
Kristiansen claims he has no memory of events on the night of the murder or the threats to his friends, but has admitted the charges against him are plausible.
- Police launched a murder investigation after charred remains of a human body was found in a campfire in Hafjell in Øyer, Oppland on August 14th.
- Kim Andreas Kristiansen was charged for the murder.
- Hansen and his stepson shared an apartment located north of Lillehammer.
- A 21-year-old male was charged for perverting the course of justice and for participating to the murder.
- Kristiansen turned himself in to Dutch police in Rotterdam on August 25th after 11 days on the run. He agreed to be transferred to Norway.
- August 29th: Kristiansen returns to Norway and was questioned by police the following day.
- 1st September: The accused is kept in custody pending trial. The 21-year-old male was released but the charge against him maintained.