Øyer fire death: Police hunt missing step-son

NTB/The Local
NTB/The Local - [email protected] • 18 Aug, 2014 Updated Mon 18 Aug 2014 13:10 CEST
image alt text

The stepson of a man found burned to death in Øyer on Thursday was formally charged with his murder on Sunday and is now missing, sparking a police hunt for his capture.

Looking to move? Find your next rental apartment here.

Fifty-eight-year-old Bjarte Hansen's body was found among a still-burning campfire in a forest in Øyer municipality, Oppland.

Police have charged 23-year Kim Andreas Kristiansen with murder and have started a man-hunt for him, report NTB. An armed operation has taken place in Sollihøgda, Lillehammer on Monday. The police searched caves in the area where they believed the fugitive may be hiding.

At least six to seven police officers combed the area for clues. They also searched nearby residences.

Kim Andreas Kristiansen is 164 cm tall, stocky in build, with short, blonde hair. He wears glasses with a dark frame and has several tattoos. Police have not given information on how he might be dressed.

Kristiansen went into hiding soon after the charred body remains of his step-father were found near a popular walking path on Thursday.

Police warn the public to not approach the man who may be armed or dangerous.

Police chief Olav Sørby said on Sunday that a man in his twenties was wanted, charged with murder.
Sørby said to NTB: “I have no opinion on the whereabouts of the suspect.”

Police are confident that they are dealing with murder. The police have the results of the autopsy, but will not comment on the cause of death in relation to the ongoing investigation.
Police searched a home in Øyer in relation to the case, close to the border of Lillehammer, according to the newspaper “Gudbrandsdølen Dagningen”. The residence is only a few kilometres from where the body was found. It is known the deceased rented an apartment at this place. 
“Gudbrandsdølen Dagningen” reported Bjarte Hansen lived in the Øyer municipality for many years. He usually lived abroad, but came back to Norway regularly.
Hansen had been reported missing since Thursday, but was formally reported missing on Saturday.

On Sunday, police conducted door-to-door enquiries in the local area.



NTB/The Local 2014/08/18 13:10

Please keep comments civil, constructive and on topic – and make sure to read our terms of use before getting involved.

Please log in to leave a comment.

See Also