Siv Jensen of the Progress Party said to NTB: “The government thinks it is right to use necessary resources when the situation demands it.”
This autumn Jensen will prepare an additional proposition for when the final cost is ready of the extended alert after the terror threat.
Jensen says: “This will not affect the regular activity. When we have an overview of what the costs are, we will put out an additional proposition for parliament.”
This could include a public announcement of the costs.
Jensen, who currenty has no idea of the additional cost incurred by Norway's recent terror alert, said: “We will be open about whatever we can be open about. In the degree that we can be correct about this, it's not going to stay a secret.”
The Minister of Finance pointed out national security comes at a cost.
Jensen said: “So far, this has not been about money and neither will it be so. We have taken care to handle additional costs in a good way.”
Since the terror threat was announced publicly on Thursday, enormous resources have been deployed in order to handle and prevent a possible attack against Norway.