Sports star faces trial for Oslo sex den rapes

The Local
The Local - [email protected] • 16 Jul, 2014 Updated Wed 16 Jul 2014 10:51 CEST
image alt text

A Norwegian sports arrested for rape last year will finally go to trial it was announced on Tuesday. He is among a group of high-profile Norwegians exposed after a police sex and drugs ring bust in Oslo in summer 2013.

A former Norwegian sports champion, a TV celebrity, a successful entrepreneur, and a policewoman were among those involved in an Oslo sex scandal that saw orgies, rapes, drugs and allegedly illegal video-recordings.
 
The unnamed sports star, who is in his forties, was a regular ring-leader of sex orgies he organised with his wife at their home. He will stand trial in the autumn for multiple rapes against his wife and a former policewoman. The court has set aside six weeks for the case.
 
Police investigated the sex parties for over a year.
 
The sex assaults supposedly occurred while the two women were drugged unconscious and unable to resist during one party. The woman no longer works for the police force.
 
The sport star's male friend is also charged for raping a former reality TV celebrity. She also took part in the group sex sessions.
 
Øystein Storrvik, defence lawyer for the accused sports star said to the newspaper VG: "His opinion is that it was voluntary sex between the parties and not criminal sexual intercourse."
 
The friend also claims to be innocent, said his defence lawyer Nils Nordhus.

More

Comments

The Local 2014/07/16 10:51

Please keep comments civil, constructive and on topic – and make sure to read our terms of use before getting involved.

Please log in to leave a comment.

See Also