Princess Mette-Marit shows off neck scar
Norway's Crown Princess Mette-Marit returned to work on Wednesday, making no attempt to conceal the long, thin scar on her neck from last month's operation.
The 40-year-old royal has been off work since the start of October, and on 15th November had surgery to treat the neck herniation which had immobilised her for months.
"I feel better and I'm very grateful for that, Mette-Marit told reporters as she arrived to speak at the annual conference of the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation.
"I do not feel very mobile," she added, apologizing to the audience that she could not turn her head to face them from the stage.
The scar, which was several centimetres long, was still slightly red but had otherwise completely healed up.
Haldor Slettebø, a doctor at Oslo Research Hospital, said that the scars from the operation, typically just over 4cm long generally became so pale as to be almost invisible after about a year.