"They want to return to Norway, and they regret what they have done," he said.
The father, who travelled to Turkey this month to find his daughters before they reach the front line, was contacted by his daughters, who are 19 and 16 years old, over the social networking site Facebook on Tuesday night.
He said the two girls were now in Syria, although they could not tell him how they had crossed the border.
He said that the rebels fighters from the Free Syrian Army had offered to take him into Syria and help him find his daughters.
"I am willing to go into Syria anytime, preferably as soon as possible," he said.
Frode Andersen, a spokesman for Norway's foreign ministry said he they had so far not been informed of the alleged kidnapping.
"If it's true that there are now concerns of a kidnapping, and that they are being held against their will in Syria, this is of course a very serious matter," he said.