Editions:  Austria · Denmark · France · Germany · Italy · Norway · Spain · Sweden · Switzerland
Advertisement

Man dies after electric wheelchair catches fire

Share this article

Man dies after electric wheelchair catches fire
This is not the man involved in the accident - Finn.no
08:32 CEST+02:00
An 85-year-old man has died in hospital in western Norway after his electric wheelchair caught fire.
The man lived alone, but one of his neighbours came running to help after hearing the smoke alarm in his neighbour's flat on Tuesday night. 
 
"The tenant was alerted by the smoke alarm, but the 85-year-old was already engulfed in flames by the time he got any help. The 85-year-old had himself also triggered a security alarm and home carers were on their way," Henning Andersen, from the local police, told NTB. 
 
It took fifty minutes for an ambulance to travel the 45 kilometres from Stavanger, the nearest city, and the man, who was severely burned, died in hospital later that night. 
 
This is the third serious wheelchair fire in Norway so far this year. 
 
Get notified about breaking news on The Local

Share this article

Advertisement

From our sponsors

The Swedish university tackling the challenges of tomorrow

Ranked among the world's best young universities in the QS Top 50 Under 50, Linköping University (LiU) uses innovative learning techniques that prepare its students to tackle the challenges of tomorrow.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jobs
Click here to start your job search
Advertisement
Advertisement

Popular articles

Advertisement
Advertisement