Editions:  Austria · Denmark · France · Germany · Italy · Norway · Spain · Sweden · Switzerland
Advertisement

Norway oil fund buys into Times Square Tower

Share this article

Norway oil fund buys into Times Square Tower
Times Square Tower - Ken Lund
10:53 CEST+02:00
Norway's oil fund has bought nearly half of New York's Times Square Tower in its most significant step yet in its shift into property investment. 
 
The Government Pension Fund of Norway paid $684 million to take a 45 percent stake in the tower. Boston Properties, which sold the stake, will retain the remaining 55 percent. 
 
Times Square Tower occupies a full block in Manhattan and has a total of 115,200 square meters of office space. 
 
The $750 billion oil fund has since 2011 begun buying properties, aiming for real-estate investments to eventually constitute around five percent of its total assets.  
 
Get notified about breaking news on The Local

Share this article

Advertisement

From our sponsors

The Swedish university where students tackle real-world problems

Ranked among the world’s best young universities in the QS Top 50 Under 50, Linköping University (LiU) uses innovative learning techniques that prepare its students to tackle the challenges of tomorrow.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jobs
Click here to start your job search
Advertisement
Advertisement

Popular articles

Advertisement
Advertisement